Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Should School days be Longer?

 Kia ora, this week for writing our goal was Vary sentence beginnings, structures and length. Write simple and compound sentences (by using conjunctions). Use some complex sentences. Use simple and compound sentences with a variety of beginnings, lengths and structures. Use some complex sentences to create pace, flow and interest. Use linking words and phrases to link some paragraphs. We needed to write a perseverance text including an amazing complex sentence, my topic was, should school days be shorter. Have a look at my writing.


Should School Days be Shorter?


In my opinion we should not, you may be thinking no way they should be shorter. But don’t you want your kid to be successful? 


Firstly, in order for your kid to learn, they must have a long workshop. Because some kids need more time than others, because everyone is different. Their question could remain unsolved, since they did not have time to ask a teacher.


Secondly, almost everyone wants longer play times don’t they? You can’t have longer play with less time in the day, because remember we go to school to learn not to play. And if we had shorter days we would be playing for half the day.


Lastly,  You will have way more time with your friends! Now don’t tell me you don’t want that. You can become more social, and so when you leave school you have friends and now how to make new ones.


So this is why I think that 6 hours at school is perfectly fine , because your kid can not only learn more, but become more social and they could also have more play time! So have a think about it.

Can you find my complex sentence?

  


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,
    Its Sophie I really like the way you explain your blog very well to the people reading your blog. It was very easy for me to read it. Maybe next time you could explain what a complex sentence is because some people might read it and not no what it is. And Beth I think the complex sentence is at the top of the second paragraph.

    -Sophie.L

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post