Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Perfect Persuasive Writing!

 Kia ora, this week for lock down our writing goal was, Vary sentence beginnings, structures and length. Write simple and compound sentences (by using conjunctions). Use some complex sentences. Use simple and compound sentences with a variety of beginnings, lengths and structures. Use some complex sentences to create pace, flow and interest. Use linking words and phrases to link some paragraphs.  We are writing about persuasive writing, my topic was about. Children under 13 should not be left home alone.I have also included different types of sentences, have a look down below.

Children under 13 should not be allowed home alone.

Hi, this is why I think children under 13 should not be allowed home alone. Would you want your kid to be all alone by themselves? This is why I think they should be with a 14 year old or older.


Firstly, your child is only young and has probably not had lessons on how to use a fire extinguisher, and what would happen if your house caught on fire your child would be all alone not knowing what to do.


Secondly, if your child is young and has someone younger with them, what if they had to perform CPR they probably have not had a first aid course yet, and so that could be the reason why your child dies, but a way to fix this is just to stay home with them.


Lastly, your kid could be really responsible, but what if they decided that they would do something dangerous. They might not know what could happen, but if you were there you could stop them and save spending your afternoon at the hospital.


So just remember.  That your child should be home with someone at all times ( someone who is 14 or older) because what if there was fire, what if someone needed CPR and what if they did something dangerous. 


Do you agree with me?



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post