Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2021

Wonderful Writing!

 Kia ora, Over lock down we have been having lots of google meets, and for writing our goal was Vary sentence beginnings, structures and length. Write simple and compound sentences (by using conjunctions). Use some complex sentences. Use simple and compound sentences with a variety of beginnings, lengths and structures. Use some complex sentences to create pace, flow and interest. Use linking words and phrases to link some paragraphs. Our task was to write a persuasive piece of writing, our topic was. Should all school be online? Take a look down below to understand why I disagree.

Should all Schooling be Online?

 

 Hi, do you think kids should be online or at school? This is my reasoning on why I think schooling should not be all online. I understand that in these times online schooling is all we have, but I am looking into the future.


Firstly, When your child grows old and isn’t at school anymore what friends are they gonna have. Even though you could make friends on your google meets, you don’t get to say “ Hey I’m Beth wanna be friends” in the middle of your math class. So where I am heading on this is, if you want your kid to be social, then send them to in person school.


Secondly, Your child's eyesight can be hugely impacted by too much screen time. Doing online school you are on your computer almost all day, which can affect your eyesight. So how to fix this? You may be wondering, it’s easy, just send them to school in person.


Lastly, at school if you forget about a workshop, someone is always there to come and get you and bring you to your workshop. But at home your parents probably aren’t paying attention to where you're supposed to be 247, so your kid could easily miss an important workshop. Now again a way to fix this, just send them to in person school.  


So these are just 3 reasons why you should send your kid to school in person, but truly there are many more. But remember what I have taught you today, about your kid being social, having good eyesight and not missing a workshop. I think that these reasons surely can convince you to send your kid to school in person.

Do you agree or disagree with this topic?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post