Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Awesome Lego Reflection

Kia ora, last Friday house of bricks Lego came  to our school for the years 5-8 to do 3 rotations to work on our grit and perseverance for our PBL. What does perseverance mean? perseverance  means keep pushing even when you think you are not good enough you just have to have some grit and determination. for the 3 rotations we did the following, building a car, a tower, and doing a mosaic and pass the brick read my writing to understand more about the rotations.


My favourite Lego activity was the mosaic up in Tumu because I loved being able to work by myself and use my own ideas for my own work, I also loved being able to use my imagination to create a piece of art.

My least favourite Lego activity was passing the bricks because it was hard seeing my house that I worked on turn into something completely different to what I had in mind.

The activity that tested my perseverance the most was building the cars because I had to figure out what was going to be the best and fastest way to build a car that would stay together and go the longest.

The most challenging activity was building the tower because it was hard having only 10 ish minutes to complete a very tall tower that would win the competition.

I enjoyed working collaboratively with others because I liked having more than 1 brain to figure out a smart way to build the Lego. I also liked being able to share my ideas with others to help them out.


Do you show perseverance?



      

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Beth,
    I'm Francesca From St Francis Of Assisi School.
    I love the way you explained House Of Bricks.
    Maybe next time you could had more sentences.
    I also love the way you made a good font.
    Keep up the good work.
    Francesca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post