Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

The Yellow Umbrella

 Kia ora, this week we watched a short movie about a girl and her mum donating some toys to an orphanage but then all of a sudden the girls yellow umbrella was gone, this is a story about showing empathy.  Empathy is all about putting yourself in someone else shoes. Down below is my story.


The Yellow Umbrella


Early one gloomy morning as the sun rose, the old wooden creaky door to Miss Elem’s Home For Children slowly swung open. The young miserable girl with the eye-catching popping yellow umbrella anxiously tiptoed into the orphanage before finding a great safe place for her umbrella. Staring at the yellow umbrella not wanting to be seen, Boris quickly swung his head back around the door frame so that he was out of anyone's view. Standing off to the side, the girl observed the exciting scene as the children peered into the box for fabulous hidden treasures. The girl smiled as she watched the little boy zooming around the room like a race car at full speed. Her Smile straight away faded as she looked back at the umbrella stand and all she saw were wet sloppy puddles, her beloved umbrella had vanished into thin air.



Do you show empathy in your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post