Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

World War One

What Happened in World War 1

World war one started in 1914 and ended in November 1916 and we remember those 11.000 that lost their lives on the 25th of April. We were Poppy badges  because the world war was in a field of poppies in Gallipoli. 98.950 went to war and 80% of them were volunteers and they may not have wanted to go to war but they did it for us and that is why we remember those on the 25th of April each year.


ANZAC biscuits are some things we eat because in the world war  the wife's of the men made them for them because they couldn’t make bread because that would go bad by the time they got it to the men. ANZAC biscuits are a healthy thing to eat and it travelled to Gallipoli really well and the men seemed to like them.

 
Some of the men liked to bring mascots. Mascots are animals stuffed  animals a statue and more but in world war one they bran animals like bulldogs,Great Dane,goats. They bran horses to carry their gun’s  bags and stuff they needed jarring the war.











3 comments:

  1. Hi Beth,
    Wow, you have done some great research on Anzac Day and why we commemorate it. Its incredibly sad to think of the huge number of Kiwi soldiers who went all the way to the other side of the world and lost their lives for our country.
    Are you going to do anything with your family to mark Anzac Day? Maybe you could make some anzac biscuits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth
    You have included some really interesting points in this post and have added detail to your writing to make it more interesting and informative. It is so sad that so many people died during the war. I will be making some ANZAC biscuits this year....my recipe gets you to dip one side in chocolate...very, very delicious but not very authentic as there would not have been chocolate much during the war.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    My family are going to be making poppies to stick on the window out of red paper.Yum ANZAC biscuits dipped in chocolate sounds super delicious maybe I will try that.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post